I was on the hunt for a mini-makeover project recently, and came across a perfectly fine, but a 'little bit boring in my book' black stool in my son's bedroom.
Immediately I knew I wanted to jazz it up a bit, so I set to work and I made this (above) all with my very own actual hands.
It was so easy to do, I highly recommend giving it a go this weekend.
You will need:
- A stool (or actually could be any small piece of furniture like a bedside table) This stool was £3 from Dunelm Mill
- Sand paper
- PVA glue
- Prep your item, give it a good clean all over and very lightly 'key' with sandpaper so the glue can stick better
- Cut up your comic in to lots of individual pieces (not too big pieces). I cut out whole strips of the stories to put in the background and then a few things like logos from the comic to put on the top
- Apply glue to the stool surface using your paintbrush, doing a section at a time so it doesn't dry out too quickly and then stick down each piece of comic, slightly overlapping all the edges
- Once all the pieces are stuck down, paint over the top with more glue this will help flatten any edges and blend it all together
- Finally, stick down the comic logos on the top, I used The Beano. Classic.
- Generously apply another layer or two of PVA, it will dry completely clear but act as a seal.
- Alternatively once it's all dry you could add a layer of varnish for extra protection