Tuesday 25 November 2014

DIY Family Initial Artwork

DIY family initial artwork
I found this large ceramic letter 'P' at a car boot sale, it also happens to be my family's surname initial. Meet the Procters.

As P's go, it was quite cute anyhows, but I did think I could probably do something a bit more creative with it. 

So here's a really quick and simple DIY, it can be done in 30 minutes or less, even if you're not all that crafty.

You'll need:
  • A3 Clip Frame
  • Your letter (mine was ceramic, but you could use a cardboard one, available from places like hobbycraft - and then you can paint/spray it any colour you like)
  • Some strong glue, I used polycell adhesive, and that P ain't budging anywhere!
  • Wallpaper or giftwrap of your choice
  • Scissors/cutting knife
To make it:
    • Simply glue your letter to the outer glass of your clip frame, and hold it in place to dry. I just popped some heavy books of the top and left it while I got on with the rest
    • Cut your chosen paper to size
    • Once your letter is stuck solid to the glass, you can pop your frame back together
    • And voila!
    What I love about this piece, is that I can change it up whenever I fancy, just by changing the paper inside. What a versatile bit of artwork.

    If you decide to give it a go, hope you have fun!

    1 comment:

    Unknown said...

    Great idea! Very simple, but creative. Thank you for sharing this :)

    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/