Tuesday 18 November 2014

Perk of the job: Graphic Design


Being a graphic designer isn't always quite as glamorous as some people think it is.

It's ruddy good fun, and I'm so pleased it's what I do for a living, but for many designers, myself included, a lot of the work can be a bit mundane and corporatey.

A perk of the job though is that your friends think you are 'da best' when you offer to do their personal stationery like wedding stationery. I've done A LOT of my friends wedding invites, here's two that I could lay my hands on – both match the themes of their weddings perfectly.

I'll no doubt show you some graphic design work as I go along, as well as the home stuff and crafts... in fact I may even produce some free printable prints as that's something I make for my own home all the time. So keep a look out if you like funky prints round the home!

In other news, I'm having a hair cut tonight. I've had long hair for like ever and tonight I may well be going for the big chop! Wish me luck.

No comments: