Sunday 10 January 2010

What I wore at the weekend...




We've spent the weekend 'unofficially' snowed in.

We could of course have got out, and did for short spells (ie. to get to the pub for some of the landlords finest lager), but we decided to have a cosy, self-imposed weekend indoors.

During our weekend, I managed to catch up on oodles of laundry. Re-discovering some long lost items of clothing from the bottom of the washing pile. My daugther honed her "I'm soooooo bored" skills, my son perfected his 'throwing a wobbler' terrible 2's skills and the other half spent much time talking about everything he was going to accomplish around the house, none of which has actually happened, but nevermind, he does make the most delicious bacon sandwiches.

I didn't want to scum around the house all weekend, so did make the effort to get ready each day.

Saturday (top pic)
Rose top by pussycat at New Look, £15 in the sale
Leggings (not new)
Tiger belt - £1.75 sale at Matalan
Black shoe boots - £7 sale at Matalan

Sunday (bottom pic)
Dress and top (both old)
Colour Block Tights - £1.50 sale at Matalan, a controversial item within the household, 1 liked, 1 disliked, and 1 couldn't care less.
Purple
shoe boots - £18 at Matalan - which were reduced to £4.50 2 days after I bought them :-(

Hope you all had fantabulous weekends!





ps. I should mention, I did manage to tone down my orange face on Saturday. I have a new bronzer from Max Factor. It's pretty darn hardcore, I need a lighter touch me thinks!

11 comments:

Emma x said...

How gorgeous, especially the first outfit x

Lisa said...

You look so fancy for just doing stuff around the house!
I love those black shoes!

Spiragirl said...

I totally love the purple shoes (managed to get my pair for £4.50 thankfully - sucks when you miss the price drop doesn't it) and the rose print top is just gorgeous. Glad I'm not the only one who liked to dress nicely for house stuff.

Pauline Wiles said...

Snowed in with bacon sarnies sounds like a wonderful place to be!
And you look better 'under house arrest' than I ever do when venturing out. ;)

Lola said...

Hi Shopaholic!
What a great post as always - simply loved yr gorgeous outfits! Hope the snow's melting?And just to let you know I’ve linked back to your wonderful site at my place!

Have a great week and look forward to *seeing* you again soon,

Hugs

Mwah!

XOXO Lola:)

daisychain said...

I LOVE that rose top!

Leah said...

I love both outfits... you look gorgeous in both.

The rose top is so beautiful. I love all the purple in the second outfit.

grumpyoldwoman said...

I challenge you to come dress me sometime - I never quite get it right. You look great (as ever.

Kari said...

I hope you are staying safe and warm with all that snow!

I absolutely love the second (purple) look. The dress is a fantastic piece for layering underneath it!

Sequins and Polka Dots said...

just discovered your blog through WIW & i love it so much! i'm working on content to start my own.

you are so charming and so much fun to read! (oh and of course totally stylish & stunning-please post more!!!!!)

i laughed out loud literally reading this post how cute the part about your children & 'other 1/2'! :D

love home|life|style said...

Thank you Ana Maria, I hope you get going on your own blog, I'd love to read!