Monday 11 January 2010

What I WON'T be wearing this Spring/Summer...



Don't let my post title mislead you. I absolutely j'adore these playsuits from Topshop.

I have a romantic fantasy... imagine if you will, there's me, galloping through the fields in the summer, with my dog (I don't have a dog, but this is a fantasy daydream remember) or moshing it up at a music festival - wearing my 'cutie pie' playsuit.

But alas, I have to let these pass me by. I think I'm just too old and not quite the right shape to carry these off. I imagine my teenage daughter and her crew will be rocking this look this year though...

If you want to snap up one of these little babies, I'd get looking now at the full range at Topshop. Despite the fact they are not the most convenient garment when nature calls, I'm certain they'll be pretty popular this spring/summer.


(Top pic: Pansy Print Playsuit - £50 Topshop, Bottom pic: Ibiza Print Playsuit - £35 Topshop).






13 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-these are really gorgeous, I'll be in my Alexander McQueen thrifted denim playsuit in the heart of summer!!

Emma x said...

I love playsuits, i got one last summer but its only been worn a couple of times, fingers crossed we have better weather this summer! x

Almost Mrs Average said...

Oh if only I had the legs :-D x

Lisa said...

I would love to wear them too but I feel I would be a bit too old. Might try one on for a laugh though lol

grumpyoldwoman said...

Love the double breasted one - but alas I am too long in the tooth and stumpy in the leg for it :-(

Pauline Wiles said...

Agreed, these are just a bit of a stretch for anyone over the age of 21!

Anonymous said...

These are really cute..I can't believe they are back in style again!!

Really cute blog. I love all your finds.

Lisa said...

Definitely cute for a teenager. They look so 90s to me, I just couldn't bring myself to wear them. Also I think I would die if I ever wore something my students were wearing, and I would definitely run the risk of doing so in one of those.

Unknown said...

I haven't bought a one piece suit yet, because I'm lazy and don't like the ordeal to go to the bathroom. I do love those floral patterns though :)

daisychain said...

I love them
but with a bladder the size of an ant, they just aren't practical for me.

Tights Lover said...

Both are very nice. I think I like the second a bit better!

Lorena said...

Cute, but not for me either... I am sure I can pull the floral trend in a much classier and appropiate way.

love home|life|style said...

I agree with all you gals, love em but not a trend I'll be able to get behind...
I'd love to see if anyone pulls them off though later in the year... after the snow stops snowing.