Monday 18 January 2010

Thrifting in London...



A few weeks ago, I spent the day shopping in London with my mum. I say London, but we actually spent the whole day in just one street in London!

One street in Hammersmith to be precise.

And this one street had 4 good reasons why it took a whole day to complete:
1. It had a pub.
2. It had the second biggest Primark I've ever seen (second to the Oxford Street one).
3. It had some thrift shops...
4. …Oh no sorry, there wasn't a 4th, I just love making extra long lists with the last item being totally irrelevant.

I picked up this fully embroidered skirt in one such thrift shop for a mere £3.

And for your viewing pleasure, a close up of the embroidery...

Since I've got a bit slap happy with my sewing box, I very nearly re-hemmed this to make it a fraction shorter. But, I'm so glad I didn't. It's the sort of skirt that starts to ride a bit as the day goes on. Any shorter and I've have been showing off me bloomers to all and sundry come tea time – oooh Matron!

Wide hot pink belt... was a bargainistic £1 from Tesco.

DON'T FORGET!
For any budding writers or bloggers out there, I'm offering the chance to be published in the February issue of my magazine... click here for more details.





7 comments:

grumpyoldwoman said...

Love thrift/charity shops. Cant get anything for ages though as i need to slim my wardrobes - so full of dross. Taking four carriers to BHF shop tomorrow and another 3 in bin. How much stuff do I have?????

Diane @ Haute Flashion said...

Love this outfit. What a great find on the skirt! And I especially loved how you spiced it up with the hot pink.

My dream vacation? That same street in Hammersmith!

Sharon S said...

What a gorgeous skirt, sounds like a fabulous day out too!!

Claire said...

The pink belt looks great with the skirt!
Claire xx

North West London Girl said...

£3, that is a bargain xx

daisychain said...

what a great find with that skirt!

Pauline Wiles said...

Wonderful find!
Your post reminded me of my teenage days when I used to drag either my Mum or Dad from Cambridge to London's Kings Road where I would go in what I thought were incredibly trendy shops to buy totally unsuitable clothing. Looks like Hammersmith is much safer! :)