Tuesday 19 January 2010

Ring ring... ring ring...



Like most ladies, I have far more rings than I have fingers... but I just wanted to share with you my favourite of all time.

I love the antique look of this ring, the little jewels and mostly the two lovely ladies in the middle – just where are they going? I always think they are strolling on the beach...

I got this ring a couple of years ago at the launch party of a new company in Bury St Edmunds, Aboulia. A party plan business aimed specifically at young women and teenagers. It was set up by a really cool young lady who also owned one of Bury's trendiest clothes boutique... Leylou, and even more impressively she started all this aged around 18!


I was asked to design the brand for 'Aboulia', some of the items are pictured above.

Unfortunately, Hayley, the owner moved on to others things and as far as I know the shop and the party plan business ceased to trade, which is a real shame, I think she was on to something there!

Do you have an absolute favourite item of jewellery that you can't live without?

DON'T FORGET!
For any budding writers or bloggers out there, I'm offering the chance to be published in the February issue of my magazine... click here for more details.





5 comments:

Unknown said...

You did a great job on designing the brand! Aboulia has a free flowing ring to it. That script fits it perfect.

Lisa said...

Gorgeous ring!

Leah said...

Love your ring... too bad that they stopped designing...such a waste of talent. I love the branding you designed. xoxo

Kari said...

Beautiful - and how neat that the ring connects to an awesome professional accomplishment/memory for yourself.

I think that my favorite piece of jewelry is a pretty stone wire-wrapped pendant that my aunt gave me. I haven't worn it much lately, but it was the first "adult" chunky/bold piece I owned, and it was an extremely thoughtful purchase from my aunt.

Less "essential" to my wardrobe is a snowflake pendant that belonged to my great=great-aunt - it meant a lot to my grandma to pass that on.

Sharon S said...

Hi there-it does look like a really great brand, shame its not continued!! I love my WendyB Diana ring, definitely my fave piece!!