Thursday 8 October 2009

Dancing with the Store Manager...



Total humiliation in Matalan today.

They started a half price sale yesterday so I went in today for a browse. It couldn't have been a worse shop to embarrass myself in, my favourite bargain store of all places, I heart it, but it will never be the same now.

Here's how the story unfolded...

Strolling down an aisle, I almost bump into the store manager. He catches my eye with recognition, "Ah... hello madam, how are you today". Doh, embarrassment number 1, the store manager recognises me. (as I suspected, I do shop there too often).

Worse, he looks down, I'm holding a pair of tights and a frilly bra. Eek.

Worse still, we sidestep to move past each other, but, arrrgh... we sidestep the same way.

Worse still, we do it again.... and again... AND AGAIN, oh man, you can see where this is heading.

Even worser, not content with my already embarrassing situation, my mouth starts to operate before brain has had chance to communicate: "Shall we dance?" I say. CRINGE!

Please somebody shoot me!!!! I could of possibly got over the whole 'dancing with the store manager thing' if only I'd just left it there. Instead, I had to make it even worse, by making him feel even more awkward than he already did, he nervously giggles and moves away.

Why oh why can I not just go into a shop, and make a simple transaction?. It's not too much to ask is it?

BTW, random outfit post up top. Nothing to say about it to be honest.

Oh, and btw too, (I'm done with ps's) thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday, it meant a lot. And sozza that I made some of you cry, going all sentimental on ya! :-(

21 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL! Now will they draw straws and see who will "dance" with you when you come in? I'm sure you made his day!

love home|life|style said...

ha ha ha! Sher v.funny!
More like whoever draws the short straw!

eednic said...

i'm a complete klutz and a total goober, shopping or otherwise. so i feel your pain! ;)

Unknown said...

a) you look lovely, and b) I agree with Sher ... I'm sure you made his day!

Emma x said...

Lol that made me laugh. He is probably out there blogging about how he danced with a gorgeous lady today x

Timeless Fashion... said...

Haha, I'm sure that made his day and he went home all happy. Are you going back to Matalan any time soon?

C A said...

Oh God, I'm glad i never went shopping with you.. lolol

@ www.MaisonChaplin.blogspot.com

Lisa said...

I love your outfit where are the cardigan and boots from they are gorgeous?

xx

Leah said...

You totally rock with that outfit. No wonder the store manager was mesmerized. I can't stop laughing with your sidestep dancing.

Kari said...

Oh man, that is too funny. I'll bet he appreciated your humor even if he was too shy to reciprocate. At the very least you gave him a great story to take home, too!

I love your beautiful gray boots!

Sharon S said...

Hi there-love the purple and grey combo, I'm inspired to get some coloured tights now! Have a good weekend!!

daisychain said...

Love your outfit

and ooh how awkward with the manager!
The girls in my local, and the big new look stores around here are on first name terms with me. Eek!

Pauline Wiles said...

OK, not so great. But maybe he'd just been on a training course where they were told to act as if they recognize all their customers? Although I have to think the dancing part was probably not part of his course...

Angela said...

LOL it happened to me before. it is funny. : )

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

No worries. I've made an arse outta myself way worse than that. Ah ha. Diggin' the boots!

Denisa L said...

you look lovely dear

The Small Fabric Of My Life said...

I can't imagine dancing with my local Matalan store manager - sh elooks like the size of a tank!

Keith said...

Hey there. Great post. Hope you've enjoyed the weekend. Cheers!

Dina's Days said...

Love the gray and purple, 2 of my favorites!

Dina's Days

Layla said...

lol!!

I bet you totally charmed him, yeah!!

Maybe you'll get a discount next time? ;)

Make Do Style said...

Glad its not just me who says the worst things and then spends hours wondering why!