Today I'm ill. So didn't shop. Not even online. But… I did receive my very first awardio!!! And that made me feel a little bit betterer.
Once I'd stopped jumping around a bit, (hey, it's my first award, give me a break) I set about picking up my 'MeMe Award' from the lady who makes me laugh out loud, That Girl at Forty Not Out. I heart her massively.
The small print of the award does state that I now have to list 7 things that you may not know about me, and then pass on the award willy nilly to 7 other banging blogger peeps. So here goes:
1. I have a scar right in the middle of my forehead. Not a pretty little 'only visible when you lift your fringe type' but a huge ugly one, (about an inch long now, used to be my whole forehead width), smack bang in the middle. The only good thing about my scar is that it doesn't photograph well, in fact you probably haven't even noticed it in my pics so far, if you met me in real life you wouldn't miss it. There are several urban myths floating around town as to how I did my scar, mainly made up by my big bro.
2. I have a stalker-like obsession with coffee shops. I go on special trips to coffee shops. Mainly to drink coffee in secret. I am currently on a ban from caffeined coffee at home, because it makes me talk really really really quickly I don't even come up for air not even just a little bit I just keep going and going and going making up impossibly long sentences that rarely make any sense and people look at me wide eyed like I'm about to burst like that girl off of Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And… breathe. (What? I've been to a coffee shop alright?).
3. I used to wish my name was Donna. When I was little I used to play on my own in the garden having imaginary conversations with myself in which I would call myself Donna, loudly, so my neighbours could here and believe my name was Donna, not Gemma (which it is). It was a rubbish game, because my neighbours both sides were aged 70+ and probably couldn't hear any way, and secondly couldn't care less if my name were Donna, Gemma or VeraVanDuckworth.
4. I luuuurve music festivals. Even though I'm getting a bit old for the old camping and wellies malarkie, I still love music festivals. Last year, I saw Amy Winehouse, Kings of Leon, Muse, The Verve, Stereophonics, Girls Aloud, The Prodigy, Kaiser Chiefs and loads more, all in one weekend. We are off again in August and headlining this year are Oasis and The Killers.
5. I have a major crush on Robert De Niro. Don't know why, he is one of those 'odd' crushes, and a bit of a golden oldie, but we've all got one of those surely? And it's better than Axl Rose off of Guns n Roses, he was my old weirdy crush but I've gone off him now.
6. A few years ago I had my five minutes of fame. I was a football mascot for a local team that had done really well in some national cup thingy. I was in lots of local papers and even did a 'live' radio interview. I was useless, they asked me questions about football which was pointless. I know it was a big game but surely they could have asked me about shoes or shopping?
7. I can never think of 7 things to write about myself. It's always been the same ever since I was little, 6 I can do, easy peasy lemon squeezy, but try a 7th, nope, never gonna happen.
And so, to pass this award on to 7 other bloggerer's:
1. Kari at 'in Kari's Wardrobe'
2. Sharon at Sharon Rose-Style, Thrifting, Fashion and Me
3. Struggler at Struggling to be Stylish
4. Daisy at Daisy Chain Dreams
6. The Sydney Girl
7. Winnie at Diamond Canopy
Total spent today: zilchio. not a penny. ill, remember?