Tuesday 30 June 2009

Help! red-eye is not pretty



Today I bought a cooling eye mask, and got some eye gel thrown in free!

I have been suffering with a bit of 'red-eye' for the last few days . I'm not sure why, it could be any of the following:

1. Lack of sleep given the balmy evenings we've been having.
2. Air conditioning/fans in the office.
3. Swimming.
4. Simple eye infection.
5. Crying my eyes out knowing that my 4 tickets for the Michael Jackson concert in August are now not going to be used.
6. A spot of hay fever.

Or it could be a combination of all of the above. Either way, I look like I've been burning the candle at both ends and it's not pretty.

In an attempt to restore some sort of normal colour to my eyes, I popped into The Body Shop, Buttermarket, Bury St Edmunds to pick up this attractive eye mask. 

The lovely assistant also gave me a free sample of their Elderflower* cooling eye gel (she must have thought I'd been crying and was trying to cheer me up). The sample was virtually the size of the actual product. Result!. Both are to be kept in the fridge.

I am however scaring my 2 year old son by looking like a giant fly, but he will have to just have nightmares I'm afraid, I need my eyes back! plus it's a good excuse to lie down and do absolutely zilch.

Total spent today: £5.85

*
Elderflower is thought to strengthen the mucus membranes of the respiratory tract, increasing resistance to allergens. Drinking elderflower tea in early spring can help reduce symptoms of hay fever later in the year. Well I never.

4 comments:

Sharon S said...

Hi there-thanks for your lovely comment and for stopping by too! I use eye gel (boots own) but I love the look of your cooling eye mask, I will check this out at the Body Shop!! Shall we exchange links-I've added you to my blog roll!!

Anonymous said...

hope your eyes are improving,has the eye gel helped

Jane said...

Sounds like a great idea.

buryblue said...

sounds like hayfever , Sarah has one of these she keeps in the fridge